As of July 7, 2020, the Volunteer Center will reopen the Volunteer Center with the following restrictions, according to FAKH and CDC guidelines:
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18. No walk-ins, children under the age of 18, or community service volunteers will be able to volunteer at this time.
- All interested volunteers MUST CALL 270-735-1407 to schedule their volunteer time slot. The Volunteer Center will accept times Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- All volunteers will have forehead temperatures taken at the door, must wear face mask, and adhere to the safety guidelines of FAKH and CDC.
- All volunteers must sign waiver stating they are COVID-19 symptom-free at the time of volunteering.
- Smaller number of volunteers will only be accepted due to the CDC guidelines.
- All volunteers should dress appropriately for the hot and humid warehouse, but must wear closed toe shoes. Volunteers should be able to stand for the duration of their volunteer time while packing and lifting 30 lb. boxes.
“As a hunger-relief organization, we continue to provide counties with food as we know so many children, families, and senior citizens depend on our services,” said Jamie Sizemore, FAKH Executive Director. “FAKH would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we reopen the volunteer center with safety precautions in mind.”
Adults or small groups of adults who can volunteer according to the restrictions above should contact the Volunteer Center at email@example.com or 270-735-1407.