Volunteers are our most treasured assets at Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland. Each year, thousands of volunteers, donating their time in various capacities, not only saves FAKH thousands of dollars in labor, but also helps ensure the efficiency of our food bank’s distribution process. We are thankful for their dedication to the mission of Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland.
All volunteers must review the FAKH Volunteer Center Policies and Procedures. Anyone over 16 years old must also complete an Individual Volunteer Form. If you are bringing a group of volunteers under 18 years old, then you must complete a Volunteer Group Form.
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old
- Children ages 12-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult (anyone over 18 years old) at all times
- All volunteers over the age of 16 years old must complete an Individual Volunteer Form
- We ask that all volunteers schedule their service by calling our Volunteer Center
- Groups of 6 or more people must complete a Volunteer Group Form and be scheduled on the FAKH calendar
- All volunteers are required to wear closed-toed shoes for their own protection. You will not be permitted to serve if wearing sandals or any other open-toed shoes.
- All volunteers are required to wear a mask in our facility at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- The Volunteer Center is open Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 7pm, and Friday, 8:30am – 11:30am; 12:30pm – 2pm
Questions About Volunteering?
Please contact our Volunteer Center at 270-735-1407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org