Are you looking for a job that allows you to help others and truly make a difference? Do you want something you can take pride in? If so, Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland wants you. We are one team with one mission – to end hunger. Check out our current openings below to see how you can join our team and serve others.
SNAP Outreach Specialist
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland has a SNAP Outreach Specialist
position open. This position is responsible for screening under-resourced neighbors and providing both face to face and phone assistance with electronic and/or paper SNAP benefits applications at a variety of convenient locations. Provides leadership and assistance to FAKH team members by maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of policy issues related to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- Provide SNAP screening and application assistances to under-resourced neighbors for federal and state benefits by obtaining all necessary, factual information.
- Secure strategic locations where face to face assistance can be provided for productive outreach.
- Disseminate SNAP information including printed materials at soup kitchens, pantries, community center and other service agencies where neighbors seeks assistance.
- Adhere to all outlined protocols regarding application security and confidentiality of information.
- Provide guidance in understanding benefits and acts as a liaison for future client follow up.
- Submit completed applications within the designated time frame.
- Refer neighbors facing hunger to area feeding programs (ie FAKH Partner Agencies).
- Attend SNAP state, federal or FANO network related trainings, as needed.
- Monitor SNAP policy and eligibility guidelines for state and federal programs.
- Keep accurate records of screenings and applications as assigned.
- Provide accurate reporting data, details, and narratives for the Development Team based on grant cycles.
- Track de-identified data on SNAP applicants and other parts of the program as needed for future grants, donors, USDA, FAKH, and FANO reporting.
- Complete filing, mailing, and assigned clerical tasks in a timely fashion.
- Back up and support other members of the Agency Services team for various office task (ie opening mail, completing a deposit), cross train with team members to understand the roles of others (ie monitoring visits, monthly reporting)
- Provide support for other FAKH departments for special projects, large scale events, etc.
- Associates Degree in associated areas or equivalent working experience required.
- At least two years of outreach, non-profit or government programs experience is a plus.
- Commitment to understand and supporting FAKH’s mission; shows compassion and empathy for our neighbors in need and an appreciation for hunger issues.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrate analytical, organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Computer and web application competency (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; confident and proactive.
- Must have a valid Kentucky state driver’s license and good driving record.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Travel three days a week for up to nine hours.
Days and hours are flexible to fit the needs of the FAKH mission.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CDL Truck Driver
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland needs a Truck Driver to deliver product to our partner agencies in our 42 county area.
- Transport food products directly to 35 Kentucky counties via semi-truck with trailer or a 28-foot box truck.
- Load and unload products using pallet jack, forklift and other MHE.
- Maintain daily inventory records of food delivered to agencies.
- Ensure vehicle and equipment are clean, safe and kept in working order, including making minor repairs while on the road.
- Complete truck inspection report daily.
- Maintain route documentation required by state and federal regulations (fuel purchases, mileage records).
- Report all accidents involving driver and/or company equipment.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Work extended hours with little or no advance notice as mission needs dictate.
- Work one Saturday every three months.
- Perform other warehouse duties as necessary.
- Pass all required pre-employment tests.
- Ability to frequently exert physical effort in handling (pushing, pulling, lifting) objects more than 50 pounds.
- Possess a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) issued by the State of Kentucky.
- High School diploma, GED Certification, or experience in a similar role preferred
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivated.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and one Saturday a quarter. Days and hours are flexible to fit the needs of the FAKH mission.
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Transportation Manager; send applications to email@example.com
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about any of our roles but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate.
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is an equal opportunity employer.