Are you looking for a job that allows you to help others and truly make a difference? Do you want something you can take pride in? If so, Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland wants you. We are one team with one mission – to end hunger. Check out our current openings below to see how you can join our team and serve others.
*All full time positions offer benefits including health care and dental insurance options, 10 paid holidays, paid time off, and IRA with company match up to 3%.
To apply to any of the positions, download application above and email application along with salary expectations to email@example.com OR mail application and salary expectations to: FAKH, P.O. Box 821, Elizabethtown, KY 42702.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Liaison
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Liaison is a position funded by a Feeding America National Organization (FANO) grant award specifically targeting underserved rural, impoverished and minority populations in Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland’s (FAKH) service area of 42 counties in central, south central and western Kentucky. This position will serve as a liaison to Black and/or Latinx communities identified by FAKH leadership in order to; build relationships, remove barriers and improve services for these food insecure neighbors in need. Candidate will work from home with travel within 42 county service area required two-three days a week. Organization will provide laptop and company vehicle for travel.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review and familiarize yourself with the FANO-prepared data-sets, reports, narratives and corporate team that influenced the grant proposal’s phases of service.
- Form a 3-5 member advisory committee from within the identified service regions and establish a regular, virtual or in-person meeting schedule.
- Develop new and/or improve existing infrastructure among existing and new partner agencies in order to support the communities identified by the grant proposal.
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of FAKH’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative in order to raise the awareness of FAKH’s work in this area and raise funds to support continued efforts.
- Create a sustainability binder that establishes a framework to assure the integrity of this important work.
- Ensure plan will continue to advance outcomes across communities and minority populations disproportionately impacted by food insecurity.
- Develop consistent communication and feedback mechanisms to ensure our ability to identify, discuss and address equity issues impacting people facing hunger among our FAKH staff and FANO network.
- Create collaborative relationships with external community partners and organizations to support FAKH equity plan.
- Demonstrated success in relationship building among diverse community members.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office.
- Be reliable, punctual, and self-motivated.
- Strong teamwork with outstanding independent work ethic.
- Preference will be given to bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates.
- Pass all required pre-employment tests.
- Good driving record.
Deadline to apply: March 10, 2021
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Days and hours are flexible to fit the needs of FAKH mission. FLSA: Hourly
Reports to: Director of Donor Relations
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is hiring full time and part time CDL (A or B) truck drivers.
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is a non-profit regional food bank with a 42 county service area in central, south central, and western Kentucky. The main office and warehouse is located at 313 Peterson Dr., Elizabethtown and all truck runs will begin from there. Typical schedule will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. for full time, however hours and days can vary due to work demands.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Loading and unloading food using pallet jack, forklift and other MHE
- Carrying out routine vehicle checks
- Maintain accurate paperwork of deliveries
- Conduct Mobile Food Pantries
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior truck driving experience required
- Valid driver’s license and CDL (class A or B)
- Pass all required pre-employment tests
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivated
- Strong teamwork and outstanding work ethic
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is an equal opportunity employer.