Are you looking for a job that allows you to help others and truly make a difference? Do you want something you can take pride in? If so, Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland wants you. We are one team with one mission – to end hunger. Check out our current openings below to see how you can join our team and serve others.
*All full time positions offer benefits including health care and dental insurance options, 10 paid holidays, paid time off, and IRA with company match up to 3%.
To apply to any of the positions, download application above and email application along with salary expectations to email@example.com OR mail application and salary expectations to: FAKH, P.O. Box 821, Elizabethtown, KY 42702.
Retail & Manufacturing Food Rescue Coordinator
Do you take ownership and pride in knowing the job you do will help others and make a difference in their lives? Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is hiring a full time Retail & Manufacturing Food Rescue Coordinator. This position is responsible for rescuing food by building relationships and scheduling pickups with food donors including existing retail store partners, distributors and regional manufacturers. Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is a non-profit regional food bank with a 42 county service area in central, south central, and western Kentucky. The main office and warehouse is located in Elizabethtown. Typical schedule will be Monday – Friday, with flexible 40-hour work week to accommodate travel three days a week in a provided vehicle.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Visit with retail store partners, regional food manufacturers, regional food distributors and other donors to encourage donations.
- Oversee, compile and complete monthly reports for Feeding America and for Regional Store Managers.
- Educate and Monitor partner agencies in proper ways to receive donated product including initial meetings, food safety and establish pick-up times.
- Complete and Maintain Food Safety Manager’s Certificate and Person in Charge.
- Support partner agencies and PDO (PADD) that perform retail pick-ups.
- Work with Agency Services to arrange visits to stores with partner agencies to establish relationships, problem solve, educate and reinforce perishable food donation procedures and policies.
- Coordinate the acquisition of necessary equipment for partner agencies to safely perform pick-ups including thermal blankets, scales, reporting forms, etc.
- Establish and coordinate the Real-Time MealConnect Program.
- Assist Food Procurement and Transportation Manager with data entry, maintaining spreadsheets, scheduling pickups and/or backhauls and special projects.
- Provide courteous, helpful, and timely assistance to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Retail store or food manufacturing experience a plus.
- Computer Skills and Data Entry Experience. Proficient use of Microsoft Applications.
- Strong teamwork with outstanding work ethic.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently without hands-on guidance.
- Comfortable with speaking and educating groups on necessary information while enforcing rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Pass all required pre-employment tests.
Full time position offers benefits including health care and dental insurance option, 10 paid holidays and IRA with company match up to 3%.
To Apply: Download application online and email completed application or resume to Wayne Tyree at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-769-6997 ext. 107.
Do you take ownership and pride in knowing the job you do will help others and make a difference in their lives? Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is hiring a full time CDL (A or B) truck drivers.
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is a non-profit regional food bank with a 42 county service area in central, south central, and western Kentucky. The main office and warehouse is located at 313 Peterson Dr., Elizabethtown and all truck runs will begin from there. Typical schedule will be Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., however hours and days can vary due to work demands.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Loading and unloading food using pallet jack, forklift and other MHE
- Carrying out routine vehicle checks
- Maintain accurate paperwork of deliveries
- Conduct Mobile Food Pantries
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior truck driving experience required
- Valid driver’s license and CDL (class A or B)
- Pass all required pre-employment tests
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivated
- Strong teamwork and outstanding work ethic
Benefits: Full time position includes health and dental insurance options, 10 paid holidays, PTO and IRA with company match up to 3%.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 270-769-6997 ext.107
Feeding America, Kentucky’s Heartland is an equal opportunity employer.