This position will establish and maintain good relationship with all food donors and participating agency partners throughout our 42 county service area. This will include but is not limited to retail store partners and other donors.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Visit with retail stores and other donors to encourage donations
- Oversee, compile and complete monthly reports for Feeding America and for Regional Managers
- Educate and monitor agency partners in proper ways to receive donated product including meetings, food safety and weekly reporting.
- Complete and maintain Food Safety Manager’s Certificate and Person in Charge
- Support agency partners and PDO (PADD) that perform retail pick-ups
- Arrange visits to stores with/without agency partners to establish relationships, problem solve, educate and reinforce food donation procedures and policy
- Coordinate the acquisition of necessary equipment for agency partners to safely perform pick-ups including thermal blankets, scales, reporting forms, etc.
- Coordinate and follow up on food rescue utilizing the Mealconnect Program
- Provide courteous, helpful and timely assistance to internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Retail/Restaurant background; management experience preferred
- Computer skills and Data entry experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Applications
- Strong teamwork with outstanding work ethic
- Ability to work well with people from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work independently without hands-on guidance
- Comfortable with speaking and educating groups on necessary information while enforcing rules and regulations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass all required pre-employment checks
Work Schedule: Part-time employment, 24 to 32 hours weekly, typically between 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Reports to: Food Donations and Inventory Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Email applications and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org