Around the holidays, many meals mean more than just a full stomach. Meal times are opportunities to gather with loved ones and make cherished memories, and this is especially true around both Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This holiday season, our Development Team wanted to share a recipe that evokes those warm and fuzzy feelings with you all. From our kitchen to yours, we are sharing the recipe(s) for Cornbread Casserole:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9×9-inch baking dish with oil or butter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, eggs, kernel and creamed corn, and sour cream.
- Mix in the cornbread mix slowly with your wet ingredients until well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased dish and bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
Now, this Cornbread Casserole recipe can be a full meal for you and your family!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 9×9-inch baking dish with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the condensed soups. Stir in the canned chicken and *cheese.
- Pour chicken mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- In a new bowl, combine together cornbread mix, cream style corn, sour cream, egg*, and melted butter. Spread evenly over the chicken mixture.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the topping comes out clean.