|Conduct a Food Drive|
|Current Food Drives|
FEEDING AMERICA, KENTUCKY’S HEARTLAND
Food Drive Guide
FAKH serves approximately 125,500 individuals in need annually through our 225-member network of hunger relief organizations. We rely totally on donated food, including local food drives sponsored by businesses, schools and other organizations, to meet our charitable food needs.
How to Sponsor a Successful Food Drive
- Leadership is important, so start by selecting someone who is enthusiastic to coordinate the drive.
- Set a goal.
- Choose a specific time in which to hold the food drive.
- Get the word out! Publicize your food drive through flyers, posters, e-mail, etc.
- Build excitement, choose a theme.
- Incentives can boost interest and donations. (Dress down days, pizza parties, extended lunches, etc.)
- Contact FAKH for for any food drive promotional materials.
- See suggestion items to be collected below.
SIGN UP TODAY TO CONDUCT A FOOD DRIVE! Contact our Food Drive Coordinator at 270-735-1407 or email her at alyvers @ feedingamericaky.org
* * *
Food drives may be conducted for either BackPack or General Food Bank items as follows:
Suggestions for BackPack Food Drive:
- Pudding cups
- Peanut Butter/Cheese crackers (any variety)
- Pop-Tarts/Toaster Pastries
- Fruit Cups
- Ravioli/Spaghetti O’s/Beef Stew/Beanie Weenie’s/Tuna (any single-serve meal-type item)
- Pretzels, Animal Crackers, Snack Crackers
- Macaroni & Cheese (single-serve)
- Granola/Cereal Bars (any variety)
Suggestions for General Food Bank Food Drive:
- Canned vegetables, fruits, meats, meals, soups
- Boxed meals (Hamburger Helper, etc.)
- Condiments, sauces, gravies
- Cereals, dry goods of all kinds, sugar, flour
- Peanut Butter
Also accepted are non-food items such as diapers, household cleaners, laundry detergent, shampoo/conditioner, dishwashing liquid, personal hygiene items, paper towels, toilet tissue, etc.